Andrew Skinner is a practising solicitor and professionally qualified engineer (chartered engineer). He has spent many years in legal compliance roles, latterly as an in-house lawyer and Head of Global Trade Compliance for a large U.S. technology company. He now practices as an independent trade lawyer (sole practitioner solicitor).
Andrew provides help and advice to companies that have got themselves into compliance difficulties resulting from cross-border trade, as well as offering them strategic advice and training when designing, implementing or enhancing end-to-end corporate compliance programmes.
Andrew's specific practice area is international trade, in particular export controls, sanctions & embargoes, customs controls, product regulatory compliance and commercial contracts.
He has in-depth knowledge and experience of dealing with a wide variety of international trade compliance problems, and has successfully challenged regulatory action in Europe and Asia Pacific.
Andrew always aims to provide clients with pragmatic solutions to their compliance problems, which results in the best outcome for them.
Professional memberships, associations and qualifications
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Bar Council of England & Wales. (Note: Andrew Skinner is an unregistered barrister and he is not authorised to provide legal services as a barrister. Andrew provides legal services as an authorised and regulated solicitor)
- Engineering Council, Chartered Engineer
- Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET)
- Qualifications - BEng(Hons), CEng, MIET, GradDip Law